Pbc

Does the PBC come from having Sjogrens? I was diagnosed in July of last year in the early stages. I can not take Urso. It makes me very ill. Is there something else that someone has tried to help with the fatigue and the pain? Does anyone use or take coconut oil? I am new to this liver condition and would like to know what others do to help relieve the symptoms.

Hi… I am not familiar with PBC. Do you mind telling me a little more about it? There are definitely others that are more educated than I on the medical front though, so I am sure they will chime in. Sorry to hear you are having trouble though.

Primary Biliary Cirrhosis is one of the ways the Sjogren's syndrome may affect the body. It affects the bile ducts of the liver and is a slow moving disease
Image result for pictures of primary biliary cirrhosis http://patients.gi.org/topics/primary-biliary-cirrhosis-pbc/ very good article at this link explaining PBC
EnjoyLife said:

Hi… I am not familiar with PBC. Do you mind telling me a little more about it? There are definitely others that are more educated than I on the medical front though, so I am sure they will chime in. Sorry to hear you are having trouble though.

Thank you for the link. It was definitely informative…..... as if we don't have enough to deal with.LOL. Gotta love SS.

O I know, it's always something. You are welcome and I hope that it helped. There is just so much that it's hard to explain, lol I think that the fatigue is the worse when you have been so active all your life. To slow down in stages. There are things that I love to do and can't do. Things I love to eat and can't because of the rashes. I think the mouth ulcers are the worse. It's hard to get use to all the things you can't do when you use to do them all the time. One day at a time is what I try to do, each day always is different, lol

Hi lildixie,

Yes, if not directly from Sjogren's it looks like a tag along autoimmune! A few of us have had various digestive problems with stomach, gall bladder, pancreas, so surely the liver can be part of it too!

Here is an NIH link too

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000282.htm

Sorry this had to be added to your list of ills, it cannot be any fun! Yes the exhaustion is debilitating at times, and I am having one of those times right now.

Do take care.

Wishing you well,

SK

Thank you SK, you do the same and thank you for the link

SK said:

Hi lildixie,

Yes, if not directly from Sjogren's it looks like a tag along autoimmune! A few of us have had various digestive problems with stomach, gall bladder, pancreas, so surely the liver can be part of it too!

Here is an NIH link too

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000282.htm

Sorry this had to be added to your list of ills, it cannot be any fun! Yes the exhaustion is debilitating at times, and I am having one of those times right now.

Do take care.

Wishing you well,

SK

I have PBC or the beginning of it....fatty deposits in the liver. I did not realize that could be/is a result of the Sjogren's. Thank you for sharing.