Quantcast

Parenchymal liver disease

Hi all. I got this depressing diagnosis. Anyone know whether it’s yet another ‘Sjogren’s thing’? Should I or should I not have the ct scan with contrast, which requires dye (ughh!!)?

In short, yes, it seems it is ‘…yet another ‘Sjogren’s thing’…’
Some medicos may tell you that the contrast has no side effects. Do Not Believe them. I do not have Sjogrens, but I’ve had such a reaction. As it’s the liver that processes the dye I would suggest any reaction is more likely, but depending on your past experience with such scans/contrast I’d suggest that, after a discussion with your dr’s on the need for such a test, the decision would be very individual.

So that’s my opinion, but then I’m not a dr and you’d really have to discuss it with your medical team.

Merl from the Moderator Support Team

Oh thank you so much. I was confused by the fact that all my blood work was normal (AST, ALT, ALP, LDH, GGT, CK, bilirubin, etc.) though I had high-ish cholesterol (206), low triglycerides (37.2)and marginally low sodium and uric acid (within .2 of the low marker of the range). I’m 5’ 6" and 120 pounds and I do yoga, walk regularly and have cut practically everything ‘good’ out of my diet so I don’t know what else to do. So grateful for your response. Cheers!

I don’t have an answer for you but I am in the process of having a series of these tests done. I just wanted to let you know that you are far from alone in dealing with this disease and all of it’s “surprises”. Hang in there.

I appreciate the support I’ve been getting so much. Good luck with your tests, Jalanez,

Thank you so much! Good luck to you, too!