Leg Cramps

I have been getting painful leg cramps in the calves of my legs. These occur almost every day. I am also having problems with numbness in my left hand and fingers. Does anyone know if Sjogrens can cause this?

Sjogren's can cause neuropathy, so it may be worth looking into. But there could be other causes, including nutritional deficiencies. You may need a blood panel, etc, before going further with this.

Hi Ruthie,

I agree with Stoney, that this should be discussed with your Dr to determine the cause.

For me, Lyrica helps with nerve pain/restless leg/muscle spasms and I take a cal/mag supplement, the calcium for bones, the magnesium for muscles. Your Doctor should be consulted before adding any supplements, and can give you the proper dosage amounts.

Hope this helps!

Wishing you well,

SK

I actually get the same ,,,,very bad and painful cramps in the calves of my legs and my upper legs and the side of my body, it wakes me up in the middle of the night I would say SS causes a lot more than what people know,, years ago when I first got SS they thought it just effected your eyes, nose and mouth,,,,, 21 years on with having it, my whole body is effected

I take a product literally called

STOPS LEG & FOOT CRAMPS IN ABOUT A MINUTE.

I lucked out and can buy it retail locally in a health food store.

The phone number in Glendale, CA is 818-■■■■■■■■

It is a combination of garlic juice, apple cider vinegar, etc. and it is MIRACULOUS.

I cramp. I take a swig. Within seconds, cramps are gone.

exjbnz said:

I actually get the same ,,,,very bad and painful cramps in the calves of my legs and my upper legs and the side of my body, it wakes me up in the middle of the night I would say SS causes a lot more than what people know,, years ago when I first got SS they thought it just effected your eyes, nose and mouth,,,,, 21 years on with having it, my whole body is effected

ginger

I am not familiar on how to respond. Since you have been diagnosed with sjogrens for over twenty years. How debilitating has it become. Does it come and go? Or what brings out the symptoms I have yet felt any relief. Dr's for a while did not believe me in how much pain I was in. After moving to a different state I finally was taken seriously. Along with some other problems. I have not been able to work for the last four years. I would really like to hear about your experience and advice.

I get it but part of it's due to Raynauds. When ma' feet are cold, I get cramps in my calves. Usually keeping my feet warm makes it go away. Sometimes I can't tell that my feet are cold so I put on socks when I get these cramps.

I don't know what part is Sjogren's or Raynauds. Sure don't feel well.

thanks everyone for your help and support. I had not even considered raynauds or low magnesium. I see my Rheumatologist on Monday and I will ask him to do a chemistry panel. :slight_smile:

I wish I could take lyrica but I can’t. It makes me very dizzy. I will look up the stops leg and foot cramps to see if it is something I need to order.

Low potassium really causes leg cramps. Eating a banana every day does wonders for your potassium levels. I also notice that if I'm not drinking enough water, I start getting leg cramps. I usually drink 2-4 liters of water a day. If I drop below 2 I start cramping up. I really hope you find some relief :)

Thanks everyone. The rheumatologist did not know what to think about the leg cramps.I am going to try drinking more water. I go back to see him in 6,weeks,

I don't know if you have a Sprout's Market by you, it's a great "health food market" great veggies and fruit too. Or a GNC. Look for a tiny bottle of Hyland's Leg Cramps dissolving tablets. They really work for me.

I also have cramps in my legs, sides, but mostly in my toes. They start as soon as I put my feet up on my bed. I have been on Requip for restless legs in the hope that it would also ease the cramping. Never happened. You might think this sounds crazy, but I have had more luck stopping the cramping by putting a little yellow mustard on my tongue. My Dad, who is 86, has suffered with muscle cramps for years and this always works for him. I actually keep a few packets of mustard from fast food chains in my night stand drawer!

I have heard of simple things that help. It’s certainly worth a try. Thanks.

This is the second time I have posted this.

It's strange to me that no one has responded when I said without a doubt it works.

The product is called STOPS LEG & FOOT CRAMPS IN ABOUT ONE MINUTE.

AND IT REALLY DOES WORK IN ABOUT ONE MINUTE.

well I must try it thanks

I am sorry if I did not respond to your post. I thought I had responded to everyone. Apparently my problem was low potassium. I started taking a supplement and try to eat a banana everyday. Fortunately my cramps have decreased significantly. However I will keep the information about stop leg and foot cramps in about a minute. thank you for the information and for reposting. I hope you’re having a wonderful week :slight_smile: