Is there a favorite gadget that makes household tasks easier?

http://store.irobot.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2501652&s=A-ProductAge&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing_US&utm_campaign=US_Roomba_Roomba%20Brand&utm_term=irobot%20roomba

Here is one of my favorites, though I have an older, more basic one, it surely does the trick, especially under beds or for a quick clean up! Amazon and ebay always have these!

What are some of your favorites?

jar and bottle opener

I have an older version of this...and there is NOTHING it won't open with just a twist.

Does the roomba work on hard floors too? How long do you leave it alOne? Has it ever broken or scratched anything? The bottle opener looks convenient too!
I like my cordless shark and bissell vacuums as I have a dog and need to quick vacuum certain rooms almost daily. Nothing too interesting or high tech.

That looks like a really easy one, Qadosh! Easier than the contraption I have ! I love the OXO kitchen stuff!

Yes, we have wood floors throughout, with some area rugs, and it works on all of them! Works on concrete too. They have a special Roomba just for pets, it's better with the hair. Of course as much hair as I lose, I probably should have gotten that one!

The only thing you have to keep in mind is that these are pretty powerful little things, and if you have a fragile, light weight object on the floor, it will move it or knock it down. I pick up things like trash cans, or stools, anything to make this a problem free run and clean.

It sends out special beeps when it is finished, or if it is stuck. I usually allow it to run until it determines it's clean or until the battery is spent. Depending on the type you have and how you wish to use it, you can either plug it into a power source or use a docking station. If you chose the docking station, you can actually set it to run every day at a certain time! You'll be somewhere between amazed and apalled at the dust, dirt, dead skin, and hair that these babies pick up!

The filters need to be kept clean or replaced, my husband extends the life by using the air compressor to blow the dust out of the filters, allowing reuse, and out of the robot. ie, he now knows the strength of the air compressor and power washer! ha!

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/4-smart-kitchen-gadgets-that-help-make-healthy-eating-83517324144.html

Hi

I also have a roomba. Its name is Rosie, like the Jetsons robot maid. I love it. We have an open concept home so we had to get a lot of extra laser boxes (sorry, can't think of real name) so she just didn't roam around. But otherwise we use her all the time. Our house is mainly hardwoods and tile, she cleans it without any problem. She even gets the kitty litter! Great tool for those of us who find vacuuming painful! I highly recommend them. Department stores carry them also, such as Kohls and Boston Store.

Take care,

Bels

Nomad said:

Does the roomba work on hard floors too? How long do you leave it alOne? Has it ever broken or scratched anything? The bottle opener looks convenient too!
I like my cordless shark and bissell vacuums as I have a dog and need to quick vacuum certain rooms almost daily. Nothing too interesting or high tech.