Is eye makeup a thing of the past now?

I’m recently diagnosed and had never heard of SS prior to my lab follow up appointment with a new Rheumatologist. I also have TRAPS syndrome and she wanted to start fresh with new labs. For two+ years I’ve been taking Claritin in the morning and Benadryl at night for itchy eyes I thought was allergies. Ha!

I’ve noticed the last few months that anytime I wear eye makeup, my vision is cloudy the next day and by mid-afternoon I’m having trouble seeing the computer monitor clearly. I chalked it up to the make-up remover I was using (Neutrogena gentle wipes) but now I’m not so sure.

I use Neutrogena and/or Almay sensitive-eyes mascara but am wondering if there’s another brand that is more SS friendly?

I’m not someone who won’t go out of the house without make-up. In fact, I hardly ever wear it but I do like to “fancy up” for writing conferences and events now and then.

Sigh. I’ve never been big on makeup either. The rare times that I wore makeup though, it would typically be eye liner and possibly mascara. I’ve had my tear ducts plugged or cauterized for the last 8 years or so. And because I wound up having to have top and bottom done, it means that what tears I make overflow. So lots of eye wiping, and no eye makeup.

That’s interesting that you’re noticing a next day impact. Are you using any sort of lubricating eye drops? That may be the solution for you.